• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

site preview???

A working solution for us

If it can help, we looked for a long time before finding a working solution.

My understanding:
When I have got the server it was configured with an exclusive IP (not shared).
So when I installed the first domain on it, it was exclusive to that IP too and then became the default site.
So when we typed the IP (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
the default site was the first domain name we have installed on the server .

We changed the exclusive IP for a shared IP status but we still had that domain name coming out as default for the IP and the preview button in Pesk was not working as well.

OUR SOLUTION?
In IIS manager / web sites /
we went on the properties of the first domain we have installed on the server,
then "advanced..." button
We could see:
IP addess/ TCP port / Host Header Value
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx / 80 / domainname.com
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx / 80 / www.domainname.com
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx / 80 /

I deleted the last line.

Results: My IP do not point anymore on that fisrt installed domain name anymore and I get the standard default page.
And on top of it, the "Site Preview" button is now working fine.

=) great. then it wasnt that bad.

this problems is in 7.0.2 too, but as long as there were no default site all works.

some day I get a new server and update to 7.5.. but I haev heard 7.5.3 is not bug free eitehr so hmm better wait even longer..

Yes not that bad, but as its my first hand on a Windows server, It was kind of a good challenge.

I have another server which is Linux RedHat with 7.5.2 Reloaded with few bugs in it to work on. :)

Originally posted by AbsolutelyFreeW
=) great. then it wasnt that bad.

this problems is in 7.0.2 too, but as long as there were no default site all works.

some day I get a new server and update to 7.5.. but I haev heard 7.5.3 is not bug free eitehr so hmm better wait even longer..

Back