• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SiteBuilder 3.0.2 (Linux) - Invalid File

swopedesign

Regular Pleskian
Invalid File Error upon upload

Issues crop up in SiteBuilder 3 all the time. My current site that I'm working on reports several errors at different times. Currently, when trying to upload a .mov file to link to it for video tutorials for SiteBuilder 3 (as it happens!), I get the error "Invalid File". This is an inexplicable error. I'm uploading a file and should be able to upload any file I wish. But I get this error and cannot upload thru SiteBuilder 3.

A second error deals with publishing this same site. Upon publishing, the error is returned that the site is not published and the error is that the permissions are not correct or there isn't enough disk space. The latter is not correct, there is plenty of space. The former, well, I can't tell a damn thing wrong with the permissions. Perhaps someone else has had and solved this problem.

Currently, SiteBuilder 3 frustrates me to no end, and I don't see much reason to upgrade to SiteBuilder 4 for any reason, unless it is 100% bug free with adequate supporting documentation (which is absolutely missing for previous releases of SiteBuilder).

When trying to upload a .mov file thru SiteBuilder for a link, I get an invalid file error. I get this with every such .mov file that I try to upload. How do I determine what is the cause, and how do I "fix" it? I should be able to upload any damn file I please thru SiteBuilder, right?

First of all make sure that Resource Type is set to 'File' as in current version .mov extension is not recognized as 'Media' type. Also, if this file is quite large you need to make sure that following parameters in php.ini file on your server are increased:

memory_limit = 128M
upload_max_filesize = 128M
post_max_size = 128M

Try to increase it, restart apache service and try to upload files one more time.

Hope it helps.

File type is correct, still Invalid File error

I'm attaching a screenshot. The resource is a file; I have that correctly selected (as you can see from the screenshot). The .mov file is only 4.3 MB...not very large at all. So it is a mystery why this error occurs. There's nothing the user can do to correct this issue, as the problem isn't in the process. It must be something in SiteBuilder preference or something somewhere, I am guessing. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments not working in forum?

I guess my attachment wasn't uploaded after all. I didn't see it on my post anyway.

I have the screenshot to send to those who need to see it to confirm the situation.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, attachment does not work on this forum. That's because quite old Version 2.2.9 is installed. As I know forum should be upgraded soon.

As for the issue, did you try to increase those parameters which I sent to you? The thing is that some PHP functions is used for uploading and necessary PHP parameters should have appropriate value for this.

Changed .ini settings = same results

I've changed the php.ini settings on the server as noted, but there wasn't any reason the original settings shouldn't have worked. The results are the same, however. Still get the invalid file error. Is there a file in SB3 that specifies filetypes supported?

I'm able to upload GIF, JPG and PNG images just fine. I'm able to upload PDF (280K) files, too.

I've tested uploading a 32K .mov file, and it uploads without a problem.

I've tested uploading a 220K .mov file, too, and I get the same error. Of course, this applies to .mov files that are also larger than this, too. Very curious.

Not Resolved

The issue is not resolved.

Situation remains the same.

I just upload by FTP to the server so SiteBuilder can access the files, as though I uploaded thru SiteBuilder. That the files cannot be uploaded thru SiteBuilder poses a real problem to my users (would LOVE to have paying users!) who wish to actually use the software for more than a vanity web site. Of course, I am one of these users! Can't promote the service if it doesn't even work for me. :(

Problem Resolved!

It would appear that SWSoft has identified the problem. SiteBuilder will not upload the .mov files noted in this thread because they have more than one period in the filename - i.e. movie.tutorial.mov.

If this is not the problem, I will respond to this thread to let everyone know.

Thanks to SWSoft for their help.

Back