SiteBuilder 3 Remote not working right

A

artin

I'm trying to enable a domain to publish to SiteBuilder through SiteBuilder 3.0 remote and I am not able to.

When I got into the module and click the Domains tab, all of the check boxes next to the domain names are greyed out. All the sites are disabled. My license is installed properly and I can create sites manually on the SiteBuilder side.

Any ideas? Tech support isn't responding.

same here...

I have the same problem... anyone from swsoft around here?

I heard back from SWSoft finally and they posted a knowledgebase article. Unfortunately, their solution is to make everyone a reseller.

That doesn't work because it's saying that all of the domains in my control panel are each on a separate "host" and my license is limited to one host. SiteBuilder 2 recognized the one host thing was fine, so I'm not sure what's up with 3.

I replied back to support, so let's see how many days it takes for a response to my follow-up.

Day 3 and no reponse. I'm really losing faith in SWSoft as a whole. This shouldn't be that hard. I don't appreciate the lack of documentation as well when it comes to Plesk integration; how frustrating.

Apparently, there is a bug in SiteBuilder 3 for Linux (let me put my surprised face on). I finally got a reponse from technical support:

Please, accept our aplologize for a such delay.

Let me explain the situation why it was working in SiteBuilder2 and isn't working in SiteBuilder3.

In SiteBuilder2.1.3 all IPs from 'ifconfig' command output considered to belong to the host where the 'ifconfig' has been executed. All domains was being resolved into IP addresses.

Now host counting mechanism has been changed. Each IP address is considered to be a separate host. Domains are not resolved into IP addresses, but you add one domain and publish to another domain with the same IP address using another FTP user.

However, SBM3 module tries to add new host each time you allows access for some new domain. Even if it has the same IP in fact. That is the reason of the problem

I reported this problem to our developers and set highest order of importance for it. Our developers will be available after the weekend and, I hope, they will take care of it as soon as possible.

We'll keep you updated.

tnx for the update

Tnx for the update, lets see how long it takes to get fixed... please keep us posted.

Has there been any response to this situation?

I keep getting the error:
Local sitebuilder installation was found but it's remote api isn't available. May be server is down or DNS is not configured properly!

I've checked the DNS, but have no idea as to where to enable the remote API.

You may want to check your /etc/hosts file if you're using the Unix version of SiteBuilder. My hosts file didn't have the full hostname of my server listed as an alias for 127.0.0.1. Not sure if this is what fixed it but it was an issue at one time.

Originally posted by artin
You may want to check your /etc/hosts file if you're using the Unix version of SiteBuilder. My hosts file didn't have the full hostname of my server listed as an alias for 127.0.0.1. Not sure if this is what fixed it but it was an issue at one time.

Thanks, I'll give that a try, although I'm pretty sure it's set. But anything is worth a shot.

the DNS setting wasn't my problem, it still gives me the error:

Local sitebuilder installation was found but it's remote api isn't available. May be server is down or DNS is not configured properly!

How can the Sitebuilder server be started if it is down?

Any news with the grey checkboxes in the domain tab?

How is the process to integrate a Sitebuilder Site to an existing Plesk customer with a custom button like in SB 2.0?

hi,

I got "Local sitebuilder installation was found but it's remote api isn't available. May be server is down or DNS is not configured properly!" on a new install.

resolved by adding the sitebuilder ServerName into /etc/hosts for the serever IP not 127.0.0.1

I had changed the Servername via /etc/httpd/conf.d/zz011_sitebuilder.conf and although the remote module picked up the right Servername, it would not connect until added to Hosts ..

example:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/zz011_sitebuilder.conf has

<VirtualHost 111.222.111.222:80>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs
ServerName sitebuild.domain.com

SO

/etc/hosts has

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.domain
111.222.11.222 www.myserver.net sitebuild.domain.com

make sense ?

EVEN THOUGH THE DNS IS SET UP FOR EXTERNAL CONNECTION OK, STILL NEEDED IN HOSTS FILE.

Andy

Originally posted by artin
Apparently, there is a bug in SiteBuilder 3 for Linux (let me put my surprised face on). I finally got a reponse from technical support:

Please, accept our aplologize for a such delay.

Let me explain the situation why it was working in SiteBuilder2 and isn't working in SiteBuilder3.

In SiteBuilder2.1.3 all IPs from 'ifconfig' command output considered to belong to the host where the 'ifconfig' has been executed. All domains was being resolved into IP addresses.

Now host counting mechanism has been changed. Each IP address is considered to be a separate host. Domains are not resolved into IP addresses, but you add one domain and publish to another domain with the same IP address using another FTP user.

However, SBM3 module tries to add new host each time you allows access for some new domain. Even if it has the same IP in fact. That is the reason of the problem

I reported this problem to our developers and set highest order of importance for it. Our developers will be available after the weekend and, I hope, they will take care of it as soon as possible.

We'll keep you updated.

any news about this?
i see plesk 8.1.0 includes sitebuilder 3.0.2, i still have plesk 8.0.1 with sitebuilder 3.0.1... is this issue fixed in plesk8.1.0/sb3.0.2?
it's so annoying i buyed a licence and cant even use the product!
nice job on testing the stuff as always, swsoft...

8.1 and SB 3.0.2 after upgrade

Purchased PleskPlus/Sitebuilder 100sites in late June and recently did upgrade to 8.1 and SB 3.0.2

I have yet to see if and how SB works. Docs are missing an overview of SB especially of SB/Plesk remote admin. Docs and on screen info don't go into enough detail as to exactly what information is to be entered or how to find and resolve possible configuration problems.

...by the way I paid to have both Plesk and SB installed.

The mistake I mad is that I placed my order online rather than directly with the sales rep. Apparently online sales and installation is being outsourceed or going through a different group.

If I had gone through my sales rep I could at least speak to someone who could understand my situation.

i upgraded plesk to 8.1 which included sitebuilder 3.0.2, and it seems like the issue is finally fixed now... assigned sitebuilder to two clients/domains without problems, but still need to test it a bit more.

Back