• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder 4.5 to 5 Upgrade/Convert..

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I just finished a wonderful upgrade from Plesk 9.x to 10.x.

My main reason for upgrading to Plesk 10.x is to allow our customers multi-level pages with Sitebuilder.
Sitebuilder is a simple to use and yet effective way for 'dummies on the web' to create their own site.

I now have users asking me how the can convert their Sitebuilder 4.5 sites to 5...
I read somewhere on Parallels.com that the site, if existing in 4.5, would need to be converted by hand(CLI)
to version 5.

Does anyone have any info on the conversion for sites in Sitebuilder 4.5 to version 5?

Thanks!

According to documentation "you have the opportunity to manage existing sites in Sitebuilder 4.5 and create new sites either in Sitebuilder 5.0 or in 4.5. The upgrade of existing sites to the new format is performed manually."
"Manually" means that you should create these sites in new Sitebuilder manually.

How can i get the sitebuilder shortcut in control panel.
I did a fresh install of Plesk 10 but i do not see the Sitebuilder shortcut. The component was installed during setup but i cant seem to locate how to enable or connect to sitebuilder in the control panel.

Since the install of Plesk 10.x overtop of Plesk 9.x we've lost the ability to create new sites in Sitebuilder Legacy.

Existing sites have the ability to manage by using Sitebuilder 5 or Sitebuilder Legacy, located in the customers CP.

New customers only have the Sitebuilder 5.0 function and cannot use the 'Legacy' Sitebuilder 4.5.
Sitebuilder 5.0 is missing modules such as forum, image gallery, blog, and many other modules that our customers need. They need to be able to use Sitebuilder 4.5 but have no access.

Existing customers with sites created by Sitebuilder 4.5 have 'Legacy' option in customers Plesk CP but cannot access their site using port :2006
Possibly access to port :2006 is related to the RED X on our Firewall in Plesk CP?

Back