• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder Administration Module 4.0 Problem

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have just installed a new server, with RHEL5, Plesk 8.2.0 and SiteBuilder 4.0.

I have imported all my clients from the old server using the Plesk's Migration tool.

Now I'm trying to use the Sitebuilder Administration Module 4.0, like I did before while using Plesk 7.5.4 and SiteBuilder 2.1.3.

In the Sitebuilder Administration Module Domain's tab I can see a list of all domains configured in Plesk.

The problem is that all domains are marked with a red "X" icon, and all check boxes are grayed, so I can't mark them.

My intention is to mark one domain and then click on the "Allow site management through Sitebuilder" link, expecting that this action will configure SiteBuilder for this domain and perhaps put a SiteBuilder icon in the user's screen, like SiteBuilder's 2.1.3 remote admin module did.

What can be wrong?

Thank you.

Alexandre

First of all you need to make 'allowed' operation for Plesk clients. Check Server -> Modules -> Sitebuilder Administration Module 4.0 -> Plesk Resellers tab. You will see the list of clients. Select necessary clients and click on 'Allow site management through Sitebuilder'. After that appropriate domains on 'Domains' tab will be available for selection.

But doesn't this make all Plesk clients resellers?!

I want my plesk clients to have the ability to use the site wizard, but NOT the reseller capability of setting up plans, etc... like was available in Sitebuilder 2.

That's the point CruzMark.

I'm having this problem.

Now the users are becoming resellers.

They are setup at SB with a reseller account, with an associated plan that is created just for their account.

Every user now is a reseller, and every reseller have a unique plan just for him.

And the plan's limits are even worst. My SB license is for 300 sites. Now every new reseller is setup with 300 sites limit in his plan.

This is nosense, I just want to setup SB for every customer just like I did before in SB 2.

It was very simple. Choose the domain, click in a link like "Allow this site" and you are done. SB was configured for this domain, and a custom button was added at the customer's domain properties in Plesk.

How can I do this with this new module?

Thank you.
Alexandre

In Sitebuilder Administration Module 4.0 you can allow site managemnt in following way:

Plesk admin CP -> Modules -> Remote Administration of Sitebuilder -> Plesk Resellers (allow appropriate client to manage sites)
after that allow domain on Remote Administration of Sitebuilder -> Domains
After this action new Site Owner and new site for this user will be created, not reseller, as it was in old sbm3 version. Also in Plesk admin CP -> Domains -> domain.tld section two custom buttons should appear:
"Remote Admin for SiteBuilder" and "SiteBuilder site wizard". One for Site Owner remote panel access and one for accessing site wizard.
Client in this case will be reseller and on client's Plesk CP additional custom button should also appear for domains managing, so right now administrator could allow all clients at once and after that clients could allow access for their domains by themselves.

But you can deactivate these such resellers or remove custom buttons from Plesk, so no resellers actions could be done from client side.

Hello Dmitry,

I have just migrated from SB 2.1.3 to SB 4.0

In SB 2.1.3 the user could not add a new site, "Own Site", etc.

Now the user have a "Admin Panel" link at SB, and he can manage some things in his SB account, including adding sites.

I offer hosting plans with one SB license per domain, and if the user sign for an one domain plan, I want him to have only one SB license available.

But this is not happening with this new SB 4.0 Remote Admin Module. Every user now must became a reseller, and each reseller have his own SB plan. Every plan is setup with the maximum sites limit that my SB license allows.

This is a problem for me, because after the user have setup some "test", "trial", etc sites, its hard to argue that they should not do this.

I know I can remove some custom buttons from Plesk, but a smart user can log at SB any time, or can enter his admin area and add or "Own" a new site.

How can I solve this problem?

Do I really must have one SB Plan for each user, with "one site" limit set at every SB Plan?

Thank you.

Alexandre

Back