• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

sitebuilder doesn't work at all

B

blemming

After a fiasco caused by trying to upgrade from 7.0.3 to 7.5 I ended up having to install a clean install of 7.5 on a fresh server and restore all of my clients to the new server. (ouch)

Anyways, after the fresh install the "Sitebuilder" software doesn't work. If you click the icon it pops up the three main options (admin login,etc). If you click a button a popup is generated and it is just blank for a few minutes until I get a CGI error.

Any ideas where to start or how to fix?

Thanks,

david

If you restored from backup, the appropriate DNS entries probably didn't get changed.

1) Make sure you default DNS template is correct.

2) Go to DNS page under the domain in question and click the Default button to revert to the default DNS template.

This should add the A record for sitebuilder.domain.com, which is what was wrong when I upgraded. You can also manually add each A record, but I found it quicker to do the default template.

Thanks for your reply.

Its not the dns settings cause if you go to sitebuilder.mydomain.com it takes you to the default login page for sitebuilder. The problem is when you click on one of the three options listed (i.e. Login to Admin Panel, Login to Sitebuilder, Sitebuilder Wizard). I get the popup but nothing happens and I get a CGI timed out error

Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem, I not sure how cybernova post fixes this.

Most probably that there are permissions issues on the server for Plesk groups (psacln). It's unable toget an access to some temporary folder/folders. To detect it it's needed to use any file tracing utilty.

nasal....its not a fix...its just a work around for domains that are important to the hosting business (eventhough all clients are important..;))

Back