• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

sitebuilder howto

M

modom

Hi,

Just did a plesk update using the updater and sitebuilder was installed. It is telling me to add a dns record:

SiteBuilder was installed successfully. Do not forget to
make changes to the DNS records of your server so that
the domain name http://sitebuilder.godslove.designhosting.biz
points to this server.

Is this supposed to be added as an "A" record under the admin dns?

Is dns restarted afterward or anything of that nature.

Also, how would I get the sitebuilder url to read like this?
sitebuilder.designhosting.biz (my IP for designhosting.biz is 63.247.80.43)

instead of:
sitebuilder.godslove.designhosting.biz (my IP for the server is 63.247.80.42)

Thanks!

Did you purchase a license key for Sitebuilder? If not, then you should probably just uninstall it.

The updater will allow you to install it even if you don't own a license for it, many people end up with 'issues' after it is installed.

If you have purchased a license key, then you would need to do a rewrite condition/rule in the vhost.conf and/or vhost_ssl.conf files to rewrite the URL/URI request to the proper folder/subdomain. Please let us know if you need an example of this (if you are comfortable with editing conf files from the shell command line).

I may be wrong, but I don't think Plesk allows you to specify a 4th level domain name directly.

Hi James,

I am checking now to see if my key allows use of sitebuilder as my server is with gnax.

I feel comfortable editing the vhost files but don't know how to do this one.

Plesk's pdf help file showed sitebuilder in sitebuilder.designhosting.biz which would be a sub-domain but when it installed it went to the server name and IP sitebuilder.godslove.designhosting.biz

I will let you know about my key.

If I don't have a license for it in my key how would I uninstall it ... rpm -e sitebuilder ?

Back