• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder Install on Cpanel

R

Ralphlw

On a cpanel 11 machine running cent os 4.6 final with mysql 4.1.22-standard and php 5.2.6 when going through the installed I get:

"Determining the packages that need to be installed.
ERROR: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package MySQL-bench-4.1.22-0.glibc23.i386 is removed from the system.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, contact product technical support for assistance."

Does mysql have to be removed from the system to work correctly or am I missing an option in the installer?

During Sitebuilder installation, installer script checks availability of several rpm packages like apache, mysql, etc. On cpanel the services may be configured and run, but compiled from sources or have inappropriate name and not found by installer.

It is recommenced to install Sitebuilder from tarball that is available at http://www.parallels.com/en/download/sitebuilder4 and use rpm option "--nodeps" sometimes..

Please try and let me know if you face any problems during installation.

I am interested in this as we run exclusively cPanel. We have sitebuilder running on Centos with Plesk but would prefer Centos with cPanel.

Also, how is the information stored? If it is in a mySQL db I am considering integrating an automated account creation module to it.

What do you mean? There is no Sitebuilder and CPanel integration part so both softwares do not communicate with each other. Sitebuilder stored information in MySQL database. If you wish to add some automation in Sitebuilder managing you can use special API which Sitebuilder provides. You can find this documentation here: http://swdn.swsoft.com/en/library/sitebuilder/

Back