• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder Storage and Expiration

D

danweber

The documentation states somewhere that the when the Sitebuilder license expires it will no longer allow to publish sites and the license has to be renewed. What I can't figure out is how long a license is valid. I started the ordering process on this site but there are no indications as to how long the license will be valid for. Anyone know?

And another question. Where are sites physically stored? If one of my customers creates a site in SiteBuilder, will it remain in SiteBuilder even after it is published? If I read between the lines of the documentation it seems that would be the case since the customer comes back to SiteBuilder to make changes and re-publish the finished product. Unless SiteBuilder loads the content from the published site for the duration of the editing and then re-publishes it back to the site. If a copy of the site stays in SiteBuilder, will Plesk account for that space in the domain space report for that site?

Thanks
Dan

If I'm understanding your question correctly, in SB2 you control the duration the site is "valid" (ie, 30 days) in the admin setup. It appears that SB responds as "This site is deactivated." after that time but it remains in storage in the Sitebuilder directory and must be manually deleted in the SB control panel under "management".

If Sitebuilder itself expires (1 year?) the files published to the user's site files are not affected but Sitebuilder would not be available to edit the files. It would appear that SB uses "work files" in its own directory and publishes to the modified files to the ftp address.

Does that help?

Tim,

Thanks, this indeed helped. I am not sure why a SB2 license has to expire and this reason alone means I wont be using it.

Back