• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SiteBuilder v3 backward compatible with v2

E

ewong

Hi All,

We have been using Sitebuilder v2 for a long time and has many customers building websites using it. If I upgrade sitebuilder to version3, would all my existing v2 customers continue to work on their existing v2 templates?

Best regards,
Edward

As I know situation is the following:

In old version 2.x there are more than 200 templates available. In new version there are almost 500 templates. If we have, for example, in old Sitebuilder templates with name 'aa-02' and in new version we have templates with the same name. In this situation old template won't be migrated and new one will be used instead, as we think that newer templates should be used instead of old one. But there should not be any significant changes in new version of old templates.
Anyway, if you are going to accomplish upgrade and migration I strongly suggest to create full Sitebuilder backup. In this case you can always turn back to old version.

Back