• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SiteJet extension support channel

Maarten.

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Guru
I just published a website on a subdomain using the SiteJet extension. How can I change the current template? Can I remove the website and start over? There doesn't seem to be an option to do this.

By the way: what is the official support channel for the SiteJet extension? Do we have to go to Sitejet Help or Sitejet Community ? Is it this forum?

The SiteJet pages look like a good place to start. It's an extension, a separate product. Like Wordpress (but with different features of course), where for the integration Plesk ticket support is ready to help, but for questions on the product itself, probably the product-related platform is suited better.

Hi @Maarten, after installing Sitejet Builder on the domain or subdomain, two buttons will appear on the domain/subdomain card:
1. 'Sitejet Builder' - redirects you to the editor.
2. 'Change website template' - allows you to change the template. You can do it as many times as you want.
Hope this helps.

Hey! I am very happy that you integrated Sitejet, because i used it in past.

i have two problems:

1. if i publish a website there are (it seems) css problems and no pictures uploaded.

2. there is no option to export/import from existing sitejet websites

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-25 121330.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 121330.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 4
Hey! I am very happy that you integrated Sitejet, because i used it in past.

i have two problems:

1. if i publish a website there are (it seems) css problems and no pictures uploaded.

2. there is no option to export/import from existing sitejet websites

ahh found the solution for point 1.

its only fully functional if you view the website over correct domain and not over preview.
so you have to connect your domain fully final.. works not with basic testing setup ;)

Hi @X3meOS, glad that you like this solution :) As for exporting/importing a Sitejet website to the current Sitejet Builder extension, it is not possible.

Sitejet is confusing.

I built a website and published it. Then I started adding more content. I saved, found out that the content wasn't updating for some reason.

Then I realized I have to hit "Publish" every single time to make the changes go live.

Of course I get the Existing files in your websites document root will be removed. Consider to create a backup of the domain if necessary
notification which deletes the robots.txt and replaces it with the default version. Custom files I've uploaded like favicon files in the root are not affected.

Let's top this with the fact that every page is set with "noindex, nofollow" meta tag even when Noindex is turned off!

Of course when I manually edit html to index, follow it gets replaced by noindex, nofollow when I hit publish...

Update:

Indexing issue has been resolved with the latest 1.0.2-499 version of Sitejet Builder:

1.0.2 (24 Aug 2023)​

Get ready for our latest version! Here's what's new:

• Introducing support for website migrations, making it possible to migrate Sitejet websites between Plesk servers.
  • We've given our template selection a stylish makeover to make it even more enjoyable to browse.
  • Fixed a critical issue where some pages were not being indexed by search engines.
  • We now allow cross-origin requests for www-prefixed domains, allowing forms to work properly.
  • In our continuous effort to improve performance, we've made the publishing process even faster.

Currently, Site Builder creates the website on an external platform and then copies all content into the target location. This includes the robots.txt file. At this time it is expected that robots.txt is overwritten. The Site Builder team is discussing other options for robots.txt in a future Site Builder update. There is not ETA yet for a change.

How to move a sitejet-website from a subdomain to a main-domain?

I have created a website with Sitejet (e.g. beta.plesk.com) and want to replace an existing website after completion (e.g. www.plesk.com). I have copied the site there, also installed the sitejet application before, but I have no access to the backend area from the sitejet-builder of the newly-built site.

How does a correct move with sitejet look like? Is it still possible?

Where do I find:
  • Introducing support for website migrations, making it possible to migrate Sitejet websites between Plesk servers.
?

Are you using the latest version of the SiteJet Builder extension (1.0.2 or newer)?
How was the copy of the website done?

I have used the version 1.0.2-499.
To copy I went to the beta page and copied the website to a new destination.
So for example from beta.xyz.de to xyz.de, which is the main domain.
So what would be the correct way to develop a site with sitejet and then replace an existing site within the Plesk instance?

----

Ich habe die Version 1.0.2-499 verwendet.
Zum Kopieren bin ich auf die beta-Seite gegangen und habe die Website zu einem neuen Ziel kopiert.
Also z.B. von beta.xyz.de nach xyz.de, also der Hauptdomain.
Wie wäre denn der richtige Weg eine Seite mit sitejet zu entwickeln und dann innerhalb der Plesk-Instanz eine bestehende Seite auszutauschen?

I have a serious problem with the way Sitejet injects by default double meta robots on all pages.
<meta name="robots" content="none" /> and <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />
Here is the issue: Google is not indexing pages because <meta name="robots" content="none" /> is equivalent to "noIndex".
This noIndex meta robots tag comes first before <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" /> .

There shouldn't be double meta robots on pages at all, and it should strictly respect the page SEO settings when one is creating a new page. Either allowing Index or restricting index.

For Google to index my pages, I have to manually remove <meta name="robots" content="none" /> from every new page published.

This issue should be fixed as soon as possible. I can't be replacing tags manually every time I publish new pages.

Thanks

I have a serious problem with the way Sitejet injects by default double meta robots on all pages.
<meta name="robots" content="none" /> and <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />
Here is the issue:
Google is not indexing pages because <meta name="robots" content="none" /> is equivalent to "noIndex".
This noIndex meta robots tag comes first before <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" /> .

There shouldn't be double meta robots on pages at all, and it should strictly respect the page SEO settings when one is creating a new page. Either allowing Index or restricting index.

For Google to index my pages, I have to manually remove <meta name="robots" content="none" /> from every new page published.

This issue should be fixed as soon as possible. I can't be replacing tags manually every time I publish new pages.

Thanks
I have the same problem. It started around November 20. Almost all of my website pages have disappeared from Google. Google search console complains about noindex tag when there is none.

Back