• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question slow incoming mails plesk

agaitan

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
RockyLinux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.44 Update #3
Hi any way to optimize or tune postfix and smtp from plesk? example on my mail client on mobile phone, takes long to receive incoming, I know it depends on the mail client, but anything i could tune of postfix plesk configuration?

thank you

You can talk about postfix optimization, but it's too vague, and it's good to understand what needs optimization. Most likely nothing.
For starters, I would suggest investigating the Plesk maillog. Perhaps you can find the cause of the problem there and fix it on purpose.

but how you fix that issue? mails come very slow on mobile always need to open app to receive mails. Before i had not that issue, and is not me only, all my clients with diff mail clients

mails come very slow
What is "slow" compared to "fast"? Is the individual download process of a single mail "slow"? Or does it take a long while until the phone realizes that there are new mails that it should pick up and this is what you consider "slow"? Did you actually measure the speed and how did you measure it or is it more a feeling that something feels slow?

If mails come in later than expected, check if grey listing was maybe suddenly activated on your server. If you see errors like "Warning: Inotify instance limit for user..." in your mail log, consider raising fs.inotify.max_user_watches and fs.inotify.max_user_instances. Only my two thoughts. And as @Peter Debik said already, we need first more input.

Back