• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Smart Update - Fails on large WP Site

Vorden

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.47_build1800221003.04 os_Debian 11.0
The Smart Update has been failing for many issues, most we have resolved. It is now giving the following error:

Request to backend API failed with error: Request failed with status code 500

Prior to this it was timing out so we increased the limit.

WP site size is 160GB - Free Disk Space is over 1TB SSD

it gets to 40% and stalls

smart-update.png

Any advice will help.

The Smart Update has been failing for many issues, most we have resolved. It is now giving the following error:

Request to backend API failed with error: Request failed with status code 500

Prior to this it was timing out so we increased the limit.

WP site size is 160GB - Free Disk Space is over 1TB SSD

it gets to 40% and stalls

View attachment 21696

Any advice will help.
Hi,
WPT is able to properly clone (create a test site) such big WordPress sites. There is one known issue with cloning when the site contains a lot of small files (bug ID EXTWPTOOLK-9454), if this is your case, then you should see the error "WordPress site was cloned with errors: Task is not responding".

If you see different error, could you please check the panel.log for the stack trace or something like that and post it here? (please remove all sensitive information, e.g. domain name, site name and etc. Also you can send that info directly to me via private message)

Thanks for the reply. I have decided not to use the Smart Update in this case as the size of the site is too large. It would be nice if it would be excluded the upload folder in the test site. For now, I am making a backup of the Theme folder / plugins folder and the database. I then perform the updates and check manually.

V

Back