• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved smtp connection time

Yes what i mean is this , while sending message using gamadyne mailer or supermailer.
I want to reduce the rate at which the message is been sent meaning i want it to be sending slowly so that my message won't be identified as spam.
For example some smtp can send 100,000 withing 1hr but i will like to edit my to be able to send that 100,000 withing 3 hours

You are then looking for smtpd_client_message_rate_limit and anvil_rate_time_unit. Should these not yet exist in your postfix main.cf file, you can add them, for example:

Code:
smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 10
anvil_rate_time_unit = 10s
to limit a user to 50 mails within 60 seconds.

But: This may not be the best approach for your plans. When you use Supermailer for example, it is much better to use their built-in feature to send n mails within m seconds and pause for x seconds after sending y mails. That can all be set in sending controls of Supermailer.

The main.cf file is located in /etc/postfix. You need to login to your Linux console. This can be done through SSH directly or through the SSH login extension in Plesk. You can edit the file using a text editor. Postfix needs needs to be restarted afterwards so that the changed settings take effect. As root service postfix restart.

Which OS is the best for me to use for installation of plesk Ubuntu 18.04 64-b or CentOS 7.x 64-bit?.
Please let me know

Please i have already setup my plesk but i tried connecting the smtp using gamadyne mailer, this is the error i got.
Please what could be the problem?.
I will be waiting for your feedback

Let's not mix different topics in a single thread. Instead, please post questions of different topics into new threads.

okay no problem, i opened main.conf
How can i set this
this is the screenshot of the main.conf opened with text editor

I tried this method
but the sending relay time still run very fast.
Please is there any other way i can modify it so that the smtp will be sending email slowly.

There is no other way, the variables are correct. You need to add or modify the lines in main.cf and then restart Postfix as stated above.

Back