• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue smtp.helo is not correct

itoop

New Pleskian
Hallo,

on plesk 17.8.11 in the Server-Wide Mail Settings I set as Outgoing mail mode "Send from domain IP adresses". At Server Settings I set als Full hostname a FQDN. My Reverse-DNS-entry is correct (testet by dnsstuff.com; Reverse DNS entry is green/pass as well as all tests for mail).
My problem is, that nevertheless the smtp.helo is not set correctly: If I write an email from roundcube to my gmail-adresse, I can see, that "smtp.helo=webmail.andre-hohmann.net" is set and not the FQDN! If I write an email from my iPhone-mail-app, it is set "smtp.helo=[192.168.179.23]", so my internal network IP and not the FQDN!
Additionally one Mailserver of a company doesn't accept my mails (Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554).

What can I do?

What is output of commands

# postconf | grep ^myhostname
# cat /etc/hostname

?

$ postconf | grep ^myhostname
myhostname = mail.itoop.de

$ cat /etc/hostname
mail.itoop.de

Back