• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue smtp.helo is not correct

itoop

New Pleskian
Hallo,

on plesk 17.8.11 in the Server-Wide Mail Settings I set as Outgoing mail mode "Send from domain IP adresses". At Server Settings I set als Full hostname a FQDN. My Reverse-DNS-entry is correct (testet by dnsstuff.com; Reverse DNS entry is green/pass as well as all tests for mail).
My problem is, that nevertheless the smtp.helo is not set correctly: If I write an email from roundcube to my gmail-adresse, I can see, that "smtp.helo=webmail.andre-hohmann.net" is set and not the FQDN! If I write an email from my iPhone-mail-app, it is set "smtp.helo=[192.168.179.23]", so my internal network IP and not the FQDN!
Additionally one Mailserver of a company doesn't accept my mails (Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554).

What can I do?

What is output of commands

# postconf | grep ^myhostname
# cat /etc/hostname

?

$ postconf | grep ^myhostname
myhostname = mail.itoop.de

$ cat /etc/hostname
mail.itoop.de

I have the same problem, but I'm using Qmail:

When I send a mail from webmail: "smtp.helo=webmail.domain.com"
When I send from Mailclient: "smtp.helo=domain"

I want to configure it, so it sends: "smtp.helo=mail.domain.com" (as specified in MX-record, Plesk Server Settings and rDNS-Record)

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

Back