• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP inbound queue

I guess so.. in what is a preinstall different than an own install ?

not sure, just worry i might screw something up. Wanted to make sure.

Okay,

Today the queue filled up again.. had to reboot. I guess 1.96 isn't the answer.

I noticed that my queue always starts locking up a night.. could it have something to do with any schedule ?

DUKom2.. Do you have any schedules running at a high interval ? (since your queue locks up more times than mine) ?

:( i updated mail enable and re enabled my anti virus. haven't had the problem yet but no one has been really using it. I will find out today.

Any way to use a different Virus Scanner? I really think it has to do with that, when i disable it everything works fine.

Originally posted by feken
Okay,

Today the queue filled up again.. had to reboot. I guess 1.96 isn't the answer.

I noticed that my queue always starts locking up a night.. could it have something to do with any schedule ?

DUKom2.. Do you have any schedules running at a high interval ? (since your queue locks up more times than mine) ?

I think you might be on to something, i have a script that runs every 10 mins starting at 12am. the script emailed me yesterday at 10 PM saying i had 7 messages in queue so between 9:50 and 10 PM 7 messages got stuck. I looked at the schedule and it looks as if the AntiVirus updates around that time on my server.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Had a birthday yesterday, another year dealing with plesk! I will look at the scheduler when I get home today. I know from using Kaspersky on workstations that it's updater is defaulted to every 30 minutes. I will check and report here.

DUKom2

600+ mails in q now. Lame!

little update, all day the server as been used with Anti-virus turned off. so far all is well and i have no queue.

well I am having the problem - and I made changes to the mailenable and the IME_admin user.

Still gets stuck - but after I restart it is ok - for alittle bit.

Thanks,
adam

so I was told to check permissions and if that doesn't work upgrade mailenable - this was by swsoft -tech support.

Well that didn't work!

It seems that it gets stuck at night.

Anyone get this fixed.

Thanks,
Adam

Originally posted by impactgc
so I was told to check permissions and if that doesn't work upgrade mailenable - this was by swsoft -tech support.

Well that didn't work!

It seems that it gets stuck at night.

Anyone get this fixed.

Thanks,
Adam

Have you tried disabling AntiVirus? This is what i did and i have had no problems for the past week.

Yes.

Go to Server > Mail > Antivirus Tab > Scanning Disabled.

Then i went in to Server > Service Management clicked on the check mark box next to AntiVirus and clicked Disable and Manual for Restart.

Originally posted by impactgc
well changed the settings -- we will see LOL

Thanks,
Adam
Please let me know, I haven't had the problem ever since I disabled the antivirus but a lot of my problems have seemed to work themselfs out for me.

Well that didn't work!

Any one have other ideas I can try?

Does anyone from Sw-soft know what I can do? Here is what I did:

1. Upgraded MailEnable
2. Diabled Antivirus
3. Set the MTA services - to point to MeFilter.exe
4. Reset permission for IME_Admin

Any help would be great!!

Thanks,
Adam

wow thats odd, i haven't had the problem in over a week after upgrading and disabling antivirus.

I'm online for 4 days and 5 hours now and counting since I disabled the ntbackup schedule I had running. No locked up queue's since..

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Guys,

Had this problem with 7.5 on all 3 of the web servers i have; I uninstalled DR Web and Installed Symantec Anti-virus Corp edition (managed solution on our network) on 2 of the web servers. After a restart the messages start going to their inboxes.

However on the other web server the queue still continued to lock up, if you restarted it would clear down some messages but still would lock up after less than a hour.

So i preformed our in house fix to the other web server and its worked perfect ever since, however we did upgrade to 8.1 and dr web installed itself and the problems returned, did the same fix and its working ever since.

Tried for hours to figure out why the in house AV dosnt work with Plesk but ended up just giving up.

It has worked for me, hopefully it may have given some insight! ill gladfully look at anyones web server to see if theres anything i can do. mail me

Back