• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP inbound queue

I have to wait till April for an update that should be fixed ASAP.

That isn't fair to your customers nor ours.

I think your management needs to rethink how they send updates. Because SMTP inbound queues halting is NOT a minor issue.

Please have them send me a fix ASAP.

Thanks,
Adam

Originally posted by sergius
april'07

sergius, I think you mean April 1st.

This is outrageous! If this is kind of attitude you guys have for your clients and if this is how you react to serious bugs, then we shouldn't have to pay for your crappy piece of software.

This has gone far beyond of a simple inconvenience. This is a major part of your software (the piece of **** everyone who posted in this thread, and many others payed serious money for) that is simply not working as it should.

Also, I'm sorry to say, but if you look back, you had similar problems on Plesk 7.6.1 with the MailEnable pickup event that caused similar freeze problems in the SF connector, but apparently your developers don't have the competence to provide a valid solution to this. I can understand you having less qualified techs working on support, because I can do without your support, but I won't accept this for development.

So if we'r going to have to wait to until April for your so called improvements, what do you suggest we do in the mean time? Disable SpamAssassin and antivirus? If I remember correctly, we had to pay extra for the Plesk license to support them, so why shouldn't I be able to use something I already payed for (and you guys sold)? What am I expected to tell my clients? "I'm sorry, but until April we won't be able to provide stable mail services. I'm sorry for the inconveniences caused by this."

Please let me know what other alternatives I have to this problem and also let me know the EXACT date you will release a fix for this.

I am sick and tired of your (personal) attitude.

Originally posted by Bogdan
Please let me know what other alternatives I have to this problem and also let me know the EXACT date you will release a fix for this.
yes, MailEnable and SF win connector are not best solutions and you can try to use Merak with its SF

yes, MailEnable and SF win connector are not best solutions and you can try to use Merak with its SF

Total ****!!! I am running mailenable on several non plesk machines with SF and no problems. What you are saying is that the plesk connector, YOUR software YOU sold us, is not stable.

My problems have been coming back rarely and are still fixed with a reboot. I also have installed the plesk patch that was recently posted and stilll nothing.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SWSOFT! I lost 42 customers over mail problems on this box. UNACCEPTABLE! I still will hang on to plesk but only for non crucial play sites just to explore the software and learn to fix problems for other customers that don't host with us (we also develop offsite). Too bad because I would love to run it on several machines.

All of the problems in this thread point to mismanagement of win permissions within plesk and unacceptable error handling in the coding of plesk. Try this swsoft, STOP PAYING INCOMPETENT PROGRAMMERS THAT CAN'T PRODUCE AND HIRE ONE'S THAT DO. Maybe try some windows guys and not linux guys struggling with windows.

DUKom2

PS- and don't act like swsoft has been here all along concerned about our business. All of us veterans are not stupid. We remember the weeks of no answers here. We remember the silence. We also remember paying for all of it.

Originally posted by DUKom2
I am running mailenable on several non plesk machines with SF and no problems.
I agree, MailEnable Pro with own Anti-Spam is a good solution and you can use it but unfortunately Plesk does not support MailEnable Anti-Spam yet. We suppose to integrate it on Q3'2007
Originally posted by DUKom2
What you are saying is that the plesk connector, YOUR software YOU sold us, is not stable.
MailEnable Std and Plesk SF are free software. When you purchase Plesk you pay for management interface but not for product "MailServer" or "SpamFilter".

MailEnable Std and Plesk SF are free software. When you purchase Plesk you pay for management interface but not for product "MailServer" or "SpamFilter".

Really? Can you please let me know where can I download and how can I use Plesk's spam filter freely?

Have you ever read your products license agreement? Do you have any idea what you're talking about here?

As far as I know, the ability to use the Spam Filter and Anti Virus in Plesk are options is available or not depending on the Plesk license we purchase.

By reading this response from you, I am assured that you have no experience and no business working in the hosting industry! You are plain incompetent.

Telling your clients to switch the mail servers they use with some other solution that involves additional licensing just because of your incompetence in providing a fix in due time for a critical bug in the piece of software your company sold us, clearly proves that you and your company just don't care about your clients!

Merak mail is a commercial mail server and the cheapest version with unlimited domains and mail users is $770 (https://www.merakmailserver.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_L.asp?idCategory=61). Now I have 20 Windows servers running Plesk and MailEnable Standard. How much do you think it's gonna cost me to switch to Merak? Btw, the Merak AV and SF modules are separate products.

Also, as far as I remember (I may be wrong here, so feel free to correct me if this is the case), Plesk doesn't support individual spam filtering and AV scanning settings for each mailbox, as it does for MailEanable, so I'll have to set everything server-wide (which doesn't always suite every client's needs, from my past experience).

Also, I don't think Plesk supports the latest version of Merak (and the one that Plesk supports is a bit buggy - I know, this is not SWsoft's problem).

So... let me ask again, what do you suppose I do until you guys find a "fix" for this problem in April?

Also, since we've been beating around the bush here with no result, I'm thinking of taking this to a different level. I'm sure that the WHT community would be very interested in your opinion on this matter and I'm sure other Plesk potential clients would benefit greatly from it.

Ok now it is time to hear from someone in Management - not manage of this board .. But management of SWSOFT and give us a reason to stay.

I have nothing but issues with Plesk since I received it a couple of months ago. My customers aren't happy and I am not!

Since I was installing a new VPS I felt the need to try a new control panel instead of using Helm(as I do with my other servers), since plesk "looked" good.

If I knew what I know now about the product - I don't think I would have moved some clients on this new control panel.

I even went as far to purchase a new billing system that would interact with Plesk. Yes maybe stupid - but I did.

SO what is Plesk going to do? Stand there in their offices and just "read" these posts - or are they going to respond!

As everyone knows here, mail is one of the most important services to run and keep running. I do not have the time nor the patients to keep rebooting or restarting services cause mail is stuck.

AND to have to wait months for a fix is outragous and un-responsive!

Act now not tomorrow!

Thanks,
Adam

I agree, MailEnable Pro with own Anti-Spam is a good solution and you can use it but unfortunately Plesk does not support MailEnable Anti-Spam yet. We suppose to integrate it on Q3'2007

WHAT AN UNBELEIVABLE COP OUT!!!!! "We give those products free and charge for the integration" This is the most devious escape of responsibility! So I guess I will change my hosting policy to reflect that:

"Attention customers, you are paying for hosting but your mail server is free and therefore is not supported. Good luck."

Is that what we are to tell our customers too? Unreal!

And again I guess we are back to no responses that help. It's nice that swsoft has someone coming in here now to tell us that things will be all better in months but sorry that is f'ing plain stupid and insulting to us as plesk supporters.

Thanks for the usual kick in the face swsoft.

DUKom2

PS- check out dotnetpanel and the new hosting controller guys. DNP has made serious advancements although still not a complete package and HC's new version just plain looks awesome (integrated billing and DNN/.net support!). I just downloaded a trial and will test in the next days. Something that works must be out there.

Sergius, I am still waiting for you to tell me where I can download the Plesk SF and use it freely, as stated in a previous post. I went over Plesk's license agreement and I didn't see anything stating that it's free, but I'm sure that since you're a SWsoft employee and an admin to this forum, you know better and can point me in the right direction.

I got fed up with the forum moderators attitude so I sent a support ticket for this.

I had one open for weeks and got relatively no help. Then I started getting spammed everyday with a message from SWSoft telling me that my support ticket was resolved. Literally I got like 20 of these.

DUKom2

PS- Just set up Hosting Controller 7 on a test box, looks cool so far. Not as complete an install as plesk. Everything has to be installed seperately then HC controls it. Too soon to put it head to head with plesk though.

6 hours later, still no response from SWsoft support. I replied again, CC'ing Dennis Sherbakov (SWsoft Support Coordinator) and Eugene Tarasov (Head of Support) and I also attached a complaint from one of my clients so they can see it fits with their support escalation procedure:
SUPPORT ESCALATION PROCEDURE
We stand behind our product. If there are serious problems that are impacting your business and you are not getting help through regular channels, contact:

During business hours 9am to 6pm (GMT-5):

Dennis Sherbakov
SWsoft Support Coordinator
+1-703-815-5670 ext 4185
[email protected]

During non-business hours:

Eugene Tarasov
Head of Support
+7-913-464-9148
[email protected]

After past experiences with SWsoft I would have preferred to leave them out of this, but apparently there are some things I just can't avoid.

I also have about 20 servers with Plesk for Windows that each hosts about 500+ domains so migrating to a new CP is going to be difficult.

I finally got a reply:

Dear Bogdan,

It seems that you communicated with our development in the forum. According to their replies your issues are already being looked into by them. We will contact development team today and will try find out if it is possible for the ETA to be earlier. We will let you once they reply.

Thanks,

Alexander Churikov
Technical Support Engineer
SWsoft, Inc.

So... we're running in circles now and I'm right back where I started. Can it get any worse than this?

I'm also having this problem.

Sometimes it happens on consecutive days, sometimes only from time to time. Always during the nigh...

My solution is select the "Plesk Run-time" group in the Plesk services monitor and restart them.

Several clients have already noticed it and it's not good at all...

Same here and same solution, but you can imagine that I can't monitor this problem on 20 servers manually. This is crazy! They should look into this problem and provide a fix for this! Instead they simply refuse.

I did not pay for a piece of software that doesn't work!

As a quick "fix" and as Bogdan suggested:

I create a file called "restart_plesk_management_service.bat"

with this content:
net stop plesksrv /y
net start plesksrv
net start PopPassD

and created a scheduled tasks that runs everyday at 6AM (I'm not sure a what time mail get stuck here but I'm sure is before 6AM.

Not the best solution but should work till we get a fix.

Already have something similar running for 5:00 am, but it's not good enough.

I was thinking about running it more often, but restarting the Plesk Management Service too often will break a lot of things, like statistics, scheduled Plesk backups, Control Panel tasks, etc.

Gentlemen,

Plesk QA cannot reproduce the problem in our test lab. As such, we would like to investigate it on your nodes, then we will be able to make hotfix or find workaround in reasonable (not months) timeline.

Can you please grant us with permission for RDP access to your servers by filling out and sending the form https://www.swsoft.com/support/spf ?

All further communications with you regarding to the problem will pass through your tickets respectively. When we have solution for the problem we will post information about how it can be fixed in the forum.

Thank you fot your feedback that allows us to make the product better.

Back