• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Problem: CRAM-MD5 auth suddenly not supported.

S

Spacey@

Hiyas!

I was running Suse 9.3 with latest Plesk 7.5 and everything was running well - "never touch..." :)

Suddenly strange messages appeard for me while trying to send an eMail: My mail.app client tells me: SMTP Server xxxxxx doesn't support CRAM-MD5 identification. I had this first only at work, could send at home. But few days later I couldn't send anymore from anywhere - really strange behaviour. On a second machine I couldn't send anymore as well (tested with several domains on it). So it's not a computer problem and not domain related. So I turned on pop before send and this works - but I want to re-enable the normal password auth again. Unfortunately I can't find anything in the logs - neither an error or even the try & fail to send!

So I thought it's time to update Plesk with the hope that the problem maybe solves itself while updating. So I went through every single update step: 8.0 - 8.0.1 - 8.1... and so on. Now I'm at 8.3 (8.4 already possible!) but the problem is still the same.

I guess it's somewhat of qmail thing. I googled of course a bit but no good results came up.

Like described: OS Suse 9.3 & Plesk 8.3

Anyone an idea here? :( :)

Back