• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

SMTP Problem: CRAM-MD5 auth suddenly not supported.

S

Spacey@

Hiyas!

I was running Suse 9.3 with latest Plesk 7.5 and everything was running well - "never touch..." :)

Suddenly strange messages appeard for me while trying to send an eMail: My mail.app client tells me: SMTP Server xxxxxx doesn't support CRAM-MD5 identification. I had this first only at work, could send at home. But few days later I couldn't send anymore from anywhere - really strange behaviour. On a second machine I couldn't send anymore as well (tested with several domains on it). So it's not a computer problem and not domain related. So I turned on pop before send and this works - but I want to re-enable the normal password auth again. Unfortunately I can't find anything in the logs - neither an error or even the try & fail to send!

So I thought it's time to update Plesk with the hope that the problem maybe solves itself while updating. So I went through every single update step: 8.0 - 8.0.1 - 8.1... and so on. Now I'm at 8.3 (8.4 already possible!) but the problem is still the same.

I guess it's somewhat of qmail thing. I googled of course a bit but no good results came up.

Like described: OS Suse 9.3 & Plesk 8.3

Anyone an idea here? :( :)

Back