• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs SMTP Relay not working anymore

Martin.H

Regular Pleskian
Username: Martin.H

TITLE

Issue - SMTP Relay not working anymore

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Debian 9.13 (Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31)
CentOS 7.8.2003 (Core)‬ (Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Since one week (cant say which Plesk version exactly) on ALL of my Servers which are using SMTP relays Mail is not working at all!
Also I can NOT change settings for the SMTP Relay.
As soon as I change something and click save it shows "successfully saved" but then it reloads the page and shows the old settings again.
So there is no way to update the settings.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Install SMTP Relay only, nothing else
  2. set some configurations
  3. save them
  4. use the SMTP Relay
  5. try to edit them
  6. see it will not let you edit them, once you have used it

ACTUAL RESULT

SMTP is not working NOR can I update the settings

EXPECTED RESULT

SMTP should work and I should be able to change the settings all the time, as I change the password from time to time

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug and maybe provide hotfix

Last edited:
Thank you for your report.
You have to enable the option "Allow Plesk to send email notifications through this SMTP server" on your screen. While this option is disabled, the settings will not be changed.

Thanks that was the issue! Even if I do not understand why this blocked you from editing, after activating the option editing works again.

Thank you.

By the option "Allow Plesk to send email notifications through this SMTP server" I understood that Plesk wants to send me Email notifications (like Newsletter etc)

Back