• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Sending

I

iammagi

I'm trying to use my web host's smtp to send mail through but it won't connect to the server. My domain is brokeragenttraining.com (through all2host.com) and my isp is Bellsouth.net. How do I send mail through Outlook using their smtp? I've tried smtp.brokeragenttraining.com with the username: brokeragenttraining.com + my password as authentication. What am I doing wrong?

Your username is your full email address. You should contact your host for support really, this forum is meant to support hosting companies not their clients so you'll probably receive much quicker support from your provider.

Originally posted by iammagi
I'm trying to use my web host's smtp to send mail through but it won't connect to the server. My domain is brokeragenttraining.com (through all2host.com) and my isp is Bellsouth.net. How do I send mail through Outlook using their smtp? I've tried smtp.brokeragenttraining.com with the username: brokeragenttraining.com + my password as authentication. What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately my host www.all2host.com is located in Greece and they barely speak/write english. But many thanks for the reply.

If your hosting company does not speak english, then you may wish to consider changing your host..... just a thought....

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
If your hosting company does not speak english, then you may wish to consider changing your host..... just a thought....

Do you know where I can get 100mb with FP Extentions and smtp mail for $3.95 a year?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you do get what you pay for. For that cheap of hosting, I personally would not expect much help or anything else.....:)

In answer to your question, no I don't have any suggestions as to where you could get comparably priced hosting.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
Don't take this the wrong way, but you do get what you pay for. For that cheap of hosting, I personally would not expect much help or anything else.....:)

In answer to your question, no I don't have any suggestions as to where you could get comparably priced hosting.

And half of my sites I got when they were giving 50mb for free. So, yes, I can't really complain.

I re-read your original post, I must have been half asleep the first time.

If your Outlook is giving you errors and you know that your mail account and password are correct, then you may want to check with your BellSouth ISP and ask them if they have port 25 blocking turned on.

If they do, see if they will turn it off for your account.

Many ISP's now use port 25 blocking to prevent their network from being spam sources. Making all their customers use the ISP mail servers for outbound mail.

Back