• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP still slow..even after -Rt0

D

dourtyb

Running RHEL 3.0, plesk 7.5.4. I still seem to be getting a 25-30sec delay making an SMTP connection even with -Rt0 added to smtp_psa and smtps_psa. Here is the complete args line:

server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtp
d /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true

Any ideas? I did restart xinetd after editing the file.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian, did you solve this issue? I also made the suggested -Rt0 tweek and still no luck.

Thanks

Yes, I resolved the issue. Unfortunatly I'm not 100% sure how I did it. After applying the latest RedHat updates and rebooting it cleared up. Have you tried a reboot?

Brian

plesk 7.0.2

I have the same problem, i have -Rt0 option in server arguments, i have rebooted the server. Can Anyone Help me???

thanks

PD: can i see the messages pending for sending???

any solution to this problem ?

i have a very similar problem ,i have tried telnet to port 25 and it takes a very very long time .

Tried resolv.conf

and nothing.

what is even more interesting is that this is happening to all my PLESK boxes v7-8, all across multiple datacenters, multiple os's, multiple dns servers.

exact same problem

yes , same thing here.

The problem joust came out of the blue. and with a coneccition time of 4 min aprox

ther is no high load nothing.

bingo! ordb.org is down, although i think i saw an article about them shutting down or something.

remove any reference of ordb.org from your rbl lists.

GREAT info

great tip , that was the problem , when ever you head out to Baja California give me a call, i will buy you a bear.

Hi,

You solved a problem thats been dogging us for three days now.

Why on outbound is spam checked?

If you are ever in the UK I will also buy you a bear (although bear trading is illegal here!)..... probably best to have a beer - lol. (Marlon, sorry but it was a funny typo ).

Regards

Chris

funny typo

Yes , we don have bear in Baja California jajaja ,

The outbound SMTP checks for ip's in spammer's black list .

:)

This problem popped up on my server as well and caused 450 timeouts from verizon.net. What a pain in the *** this was to troubleshoot. How did you figure out to check ordb.org?

Also on that note, which of the rbl orgs are the ones worth keeping in there? I use -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org -r bl.spamcop.net -r multihop.dsbl.org

Back