• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

smtp works well, imap no!

Remigio

Basic Pleskian
On my onyx plesk, I've configured postfix+dovecot
I can send emails, but I can't get it.
Send a test email from gmail, gmail receive 550 mailbox unaivalable (mailbox created on plesk)
My vps is on 1and1 server, and it's firewalled (I've already open 993 and 143)
I'm on cloudflare, and I've setting <<mail.mydomaint.it A mydomain.it>>
and <<mydomaint.it mx 10 mail.mydomain.it>>
where am I doing wrong?

rebooted vps. Now I'm also tried from my gmail, now the emails are lost in the void, because gmail does not receive any error message, but inside roundcube there is nothing

I explain my case better: my vps with plesk onyx is on 1and1, and I currently use 1and1 mail. Since I use cloudflare I have set the mx servers pointing at 1and1(priority 10), and I have also set a mx pointing to my vps with priority 15.
Now I would also like to use my vps mail, so I installed qmail + dovecot.
I have also created 1 email address in my 100asa.it domain with which I can send emails to everyone but not to my domain addresses.
This email address in my vps I can not receive mail.
I hope I explained myself.
How do you suggest?

@MarkM Thank you for useful link
I use prestashop as ecommerce platform, that send email via sendmail, and works for all email address exclude those of my same domain: why?

Messages sent from the server will stay locally before attempting to go out. The only email address on your domain you would be able to send to are the email accounts in Plesk, sending to an email account you have at 1&1 will disappear, as the message is staying on the local server and being rejected.

Ok, now all clear!
But I think I've something wring on my vps, because on my dns I've <<A mail.100asa.it -->vps ip>> and <<mx 100asa.it -->mail.100asa.it priority=10>>
but no email arrives

any idea?
sent an email from my gmail account, no error arrive and no email arrive
I can't connect with email client to mailserver mail.100asa.it (as specified in dns)
where's error?

Back