• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid

Sven L.

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

there are many online tools to check the health of our servers, domains, smtp services, etc.

this came to my attention a long time ago, but it is now that i actually want to try and fix this stuff.

dns mydomain.tld SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid
dns mydomain.tld SOA Expire Value out of recommended range

so, how can i fix this, what values should i use? do those SOA serial numbers have to be different on each domain or can they be the same on the whole server? and where do i get those serials?

S.

OK, I have found the options to change this stuff...

but that leads to the next question:

i have 50 domains, 5-10 of them have special dns settings, the rest use default settings...

for what i have seen, if i change serverwide SOA options, it will rewrite all DNS settings on all domains? will this delete the special settings on thos 5-10 domains?

S.

how do you solve this issue? after changing the settings, I still get the warnings.

Hello,

there are many online tools to check the health of our servers, domains, smtp services, etc.

this came to my attention a long time ago, but it is now that i actually want to try and fix this stuff.

so, how can i fix this, what values should i use? do those SOA serial numbers have to be different on each domain or can they be the same on the whole server? and where do i get those serials?

S.

Back