• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

soft quota and hard qouta sync

R

RaskinR

Hello to everybody,
(*Plesk 9.2*)

We just configured plesk panel at our server. We read documentation. And we are expecting problems with quota settings. It's ok, and it's working for us and it enabled at Operation System.Here are steps to reproduce our problem:
1) We created client account with soft quota 500MB and created domain at this account.
2) We set hard quota to 400MB at the domain.
3) As we can see, customer can be able to change hard quota to domain to 10000MB, but customer's quota only 500MB.

At this case soft quota for customer account have no sense.

We also know, that it's possible to take away privileges from client account. But it isn't resolution, because client should create additional domains by himself.

Could you advice something to us?

Hello,

Please, check the overuse policy for the customer:

Home > Client Accounts > Client_name > Resource Usage

Here you can specify what should be done when disk space and monthly bandwidth (traffic) allotments are exceeded. In case it is set to "Overuse is not allowed", the user account and user's sites will be blocked when the resource limits are exceeded.

Thank you

This solution don't work for us.

Client can overuse disk usage. He can raise hard quota option at Web Hosting settings.

Client shuld be able to change his hard quota, because some domains can be created at an client account.

Hello!

my system is PLESK 9.5.2 on suse linux 11

I have the same problem. I can forbid overuse to the clients, but they can easily set the HDD quota of their desire. And the client account will not be blocked, even if he overused disk space. and he can add more disk space to his domains, even if he has less MB. I would say, PLESK IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY!
When are you going to fix such a huge problems of your product?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back