• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

solved - DNS Blackhole Lists over CLI, possible?

ESTUGO

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

how can I update the "Blackhole Lists" using CLI (Plesk12/12.5 CentOS6/7)? I have found nothing in the manual. I mean the list under: Tools a. Settings -> Mail Server Settings -> DNS zones for DNSBL service

I used Postfix.

Of course I can edit /etc/postfx/main.cf, but Plesk can overrides sometime my the settings, or?

many thanks
Erik

Hi Erik,

Plesk comes with a bunch of possible CLI - commands, which you all can learn using by reading the Plesk documentation: Using Command Line Utilities ( Plesk 12.5 online documentation )

You will find there as well: mailserver: Mail Server Settings

... as for example:

Code:
plesk bin mailserver --add-maps-zone sbl.spamhaus.org;xbl.spamhaus.org
plesk bin mailserver --set-maps-status true

These commands will modify your "main.cf" ( smtpd_client_restrictions = ... ) from postfix with the desired maps-zones, which Plesk will never change in case of any updates/upgrades/patches, because your modification is as well stored in Plesk database table "ServiceNodeConfiguration".

really really nice, it works, many tanks! One could call it differently, e.g. blackhole or dnsbl ... xD

Back