• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SOLVED] Mails from localhost do not follow MX records

Xavier1234

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a PPP12.0 hosted on ubuntu 12.04, and several websites and domains, mail service active using postfix.

Lets take for example two domains :
www.domainA.com
www.domainB.com

DomainA uses postfix
DomainB uses an external mail service , MX records are duly entered in the DNS zone of DomainB

If i send a mail from an adress of DomainA, lets say [email protected] to any email of domainB lets say [email protected], the server does not take into account the MX records, and i receive an answer from the server : 550 5.1.1 <info@domainB.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

But, if i send an email using any other external mail service (gmail, hotmail...), the mail is correctly forwarded to the mail server entered in the MX record of domainB.

This is probably simple conf error, but can you please help on this one?

In advance, thank you

Hi Xavier1234,

Yeah I believe if a domain is sending mail to another domain on the same server or network, it will look for local mail accounts first based on my experience.

Back