• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SOLVED - Restore the operation of domain based email

abi

New Pleskian
Edit: The problem is solved. Thanks everybody.

I have a domain based email address which was working fine until recently when I tried to upload my new site so all the old DNS records got deleted. Now I need to restore the operation of the email and to do that I obviously have to recreate the correct DNS record. I would be grateful if anybody knows how I could do this.

This is how my Plesk looks like:

Untitled_1.png

Thanks for your time. :)

Last edited:
You can reset default DNS settings for this domain with

# plesk bin dns --reset skiathoslaluna.gr

Can I do the same with the option DNS Settings > Restore Defaults > Restore the DNS zone ?

Just go to subscription, DNS Settings and click Reset to defaults button.

Thanks IgorG. :)

I just did the Reset to Defaults but the mail still doesn't work. Do I have to wait a few hours for the restoration to take effect?

Untitled_2.png

Hello Abi,

In general, where DNS is concerned, waiting for 24 to 48 hours is the norm as the new DNS settings are propagated around the globe. However, here's what I can see in this specific case:

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# dig -t mx +short skiathoslaluna.gr
10 mail.skiathoslaluna.gr. <= your MX record already points to mail.skiathoslaluna.gr

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# dig -t a +short mail.skiathoslaluna.gr.
95.129.40.249 <= mail.skiathoslaluna.gr resolves to 95.129.40.249

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# telnet mail.skiathoslaluna.gr. 25
Trying 95.129.40.249...
telnet: connect to address 95.129.40.249: Connection refused <= it looks like port 25 (the default SMTP port) is either filtered or there's no service listening on it. Can you check that the IP address is correct and that the mail service on 95.129.40.249 is running? Also, just a heads-up - it looks like skiathoslaluna.gr is not currently resolving anywhere:

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# dig -t a +short skiathoslaluna.gr
[root@ppu12-5 ~]#

The site is down for me - you may wish to look into it as well.

Back