• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs SOLVED Un-synced subscriptions cannot revert to a service plan but "none"

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
Username: Peter Debik

TITLE

Un-synced subscriptions cannot revert to a service plan but "none"

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Obsidian, CentOS 7.8, latest MU

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

A subscription was on the "Default Domain" service plan as delivered with a new Obsidian installation, then I customized parameters and locked the subscription for syncing with plans.

Later I wanted to change the subscription to a different service plan. So first I tried to "sync" it with the Plan again which has worked. Then I tried to change the service plan of the subscription. This however does not work. The only option is either to stay on the same plan or to select "none".

I then tried to remove the Default service plan, now the remaining option to change to a different plan was "none". When selection "none", the situation does not change. The other service plans still cannot be selected for that subscription.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1) Create subscription with the "Default Domain" plan as delivered with a new Obsidian instatllation.
2) Make custom changes to the subscription an lock it for syncing.
3) Sync it with the plan again.
4) Try to change the plan to another service plan.

ACTUAL RESULT

Only the same plan and "none" is selectable.

EXPECTED RESULT

All service plans should be selectable.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

From developer:

I was unable to reproduce the issue on:

Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31.0
OS version: Debian 9.0 x86_64
Build date: 2020/10/16 22:00
Revision: f2dcc0000411b1406ad7805591244be9a86ee442
root@a10-52-54-189:~#

and

Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30.2
OS version: CentOS 7.8.2003 x86_64
Build date: 2020/09/30 13:00
Revision: 54aa592cbfe57596bf3c834d4c3e9ed0367a84b6

It's possible to change service plan for re-synced and unsynced subscription tried to change it from subscription overview and from "All subscriptions" screens. All service plans appeared in the select box. Please provide more information.

Don't have more information on this. But it is a "default installation" dedicated test server with Plesk Obsidian. So if developers are interested, I can give them full access so that they can take a look at the system themselves?

It has turned out that it is not a bug.

The subscription in question belonged to a reseller, but the reseller account did not have any service plans, hence the page did not display the plans. I was not aware that as admin you would not see "all" plans, but only the reseller's plans when a customer is connected to a reseller account, and there it shows "none" if that reseller account does not have service plans defined. I thought that the "admin" user would see all plans available.

Case closed.

Back