• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

some questions about migration to plesk panel

G

gael Le Follezou

I don't know if it's the good topic to ask this question, and sorry if it isn't.

I'm making tests about PLESK PANEL & EXPAND, to use it to manage few mutualised server. But after reading the documentation, I don't understand how I can make the migration of my server in production(without PLESK installed), to the PLESK sotlution.

Also , If I understand, to make a centralized mail server, I must install plesk (panel?) on my mail server. My society already use a mail server, with qmail (and it's configuration is complex), can I just upload the add-on to the mail server (already used ?) or should I reinstall a new server mail ? (and how I can migrate my mail server config to plesk server mail?)

Thanks

Gaël

(a french guy, who is a bit weak in english)

To use centralized mail you will need to install plesk on your mail server.

I recommend adding a server, virtual or physical for the task instead of using your existing mail server as plesk will overwrite your existing configuration when installed.

Read up on Expand wtih Plesk 9 in the Expand forum, Expand hasnt been updated to fully work with Plesk 9 and its starting to look like it wont be.

Ok, I understand.

So, if I want a centralized mail server, I must create a Plesk Panel server, install qmail on and configure this.
And I will do the same thing for a web server, I think.

The only one thing I need, is to know how I can do to change my running servers web and mail into PLESK PANEL servers.

What is the method used to gain time in the configuration and tranfer of my datas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back