• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Assassin Error

T

tinyforks

From the application log:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)
at SpamAssassinService.FilterThread.writeResponse(SpamResult res, String errmsg)
at SpamAssassinService.FilterThread.threadProc()

This is on Plesk 7.5.6 running on Windows 2003, ans using Smartermail. Any ideas?

Try to set up the "Number of threads that spam filter can create" parameter as 3 or 4 on the Plesk -> Server -> Spam filter page.

I have it set to three now, but still getting the same error. It looks like it is a conflice from running ClamAV and Spamassassin. I can manufacture the error by running freshclam (Virus updates). I have looked, but can't seem to find a way to check or change either program's port. Any clues?

Hi!

Does the error persisit when you disable ClamAV?

Possibly, you should also set the value for the maximum siz of a letter to be spamfiltered (Plesk->Server -> Spamfilter). It should be approx. 400-500Kb.

Also, it might make sense to decrease the value mentioned by Juri to 2.

Originally posted by Ybuts
Try to set up the "Number of threads that spam filter can create" parameter as 3 or 4 on the Plesk -> Server -> Spam filter page.
Good tip. Worked for me :)