• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPAM : filtering by mail subject/attachment ?

F

fgilain

Hi all,

i just installed a 7.5.3 Plesk server under Red Hat 3.0 ES with SPAMASSASSIN module.
now, this moduleseems to be very "light" and according to my mind, isn't very usefull finally...

Isn't there a way to give a list of words/attachments that would be SPAM for sure ?

thanks

nobody to tell me how to add a way to give a list of un-allowed subject or attachment ?

thanks in advance

Florent

There is no 'simple' answer, other than using the SA installed by Plesk is definitely a bit limited compared to if you installed it as a standalone SA (not managed by Plesk control panel).

There are many tweaks and mods which can be found by Googling, but depending on your comfort level with the shell prompt and non-Plesk CP stuff, this may not be for you. (I don't have any clue as to your level of expertise, sorry).

pheonixisp - yeah, the rulesdujour is nice!

w0uter - Interesting. Do you use qSheff by itself or in combination with Spamassassin and/or an separate AV. I guess what I would like to know is if you *had* to uninstall the other standard stuff on a Plesk server?

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
pheonixisp - yeah, the rulesdujour is nice!

w0uter - Interesting. Do you use qSheff by itself or in combination with Spamassassin and/or an separate AV. I guess what I would like to know is if you *had* to uninstall the other standard stuff on a Plesk server?

I have nothing uninstalled.. I'm using for Av 4PSAcleanserver and i have also the (bad) spamassassin plugin form plesk.

I run qsheff in combination whit zabit. Zabit does the content scanning form a email and block then if matching a word.

Qsheff and zabit is very easy to install. and you dont need to uninstall anything!

Ah, I was just wondering. The qSheff docs say to uninstall any previously installed scanners first, at least that's what I thought I saw at a glance...

Ok, thanks for the info!

Back