• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

SPAM with my Plesk Server

julienacs

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have a concern of spam on my plesk server
Indeed, my server sends many spam using a mail part of my domain.
Here is an example of spam that is in the queue for my server

Code:
Received: from myservername (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
	by myservername (Postfix) with ESMTP id 0BA061242003;
	Mon, 27 May 2013 15:05:43 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from mydomain.com (unknown [37.215.26.173])
	by myservername (Postfix) with ESMTP;
	Mon, 27 May 2013 15:05:42 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 16:05:46 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Got erection disorder? Our up-to-date supplements are highly recommended!
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

the line from mydomain.com (unknown [37.215.26.173]) the IP is not one of my server.
It fills my queue and my server crashes.

However, I have the required authentication to use my smtp server.
to test, I disabled the email address that sent the spam, but a few days later another address of my domain was used.

how can I permanently solve the problem because the reputation of my server is the lowest ...

thx in advance

In KB 114845 sendmail.postfix is used, but I only have sendmail in my /usr/sbin. Is this the same and shoud I replace sendmail.postfix with sendmail?

In KB 114845 sendmail.postfix is used, but I only have sendmail in my /usr/sbin. Is this the same and shoud I replace sendmail.postfix with sendmail?

Are you sure that you have Postfix MTA but not Qmail? Have you read Note in article?

You are right. In KB 1711 sendmail is in /var/qmail/bin, but I haven't. Sendmail is in /usr/sbin. Can I replace the /var/qmail/bin / with /usr/sbin/ ?

Edit:
FYI I have Plesk Panel 11.0.9 and see in "Services management"-> "Pelsk milter (Postfix)" and "SMTP Server (Postfix)". So it looks that I'm running Postfix, am I right?

Last edited:

I have exactly the same situation on 2 Servers running Plesk 11.5 with Postfix (Ubuntu 10.04 & 12.04). The folder /usr/sbin has no sendmail.postfix file. Which file should be used instead?

Thank you in advance!

Back