• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin & SmarterMail

W

Webplus

Hi,

I've updated Plesk 7.5.6 to 7.6 today and I'm having some issues.
While updating, I got an error from Spamassassin. Then, after installation completes, I tried to Repair installation.
That was a HUGE mistake! Plesk had set all permissions wrong, denying it access to a lot of programs (SmarterMail was one).
So I set the permissions manually and now the prograns are working with Plesk (I don't know if it is all correct, tomorrow I'll see).

BUT... Spamassassin is not filtering Smartemail messages! I don't know why, but it is NOT filtering...
The command line used on Smartermail changed?

Another litthe thing. Every change that I made on Plesk that includes an mail change (ie: creating a now mail account or changing the antivirus status) takes a long time. Actually, it won't stop processing. I got the Loading spinning pointer and it keeps processing the page... and nothing happens. Then I cancelled and checked, and when I'm creating a now mail account and cancel, the mail account is created on Smartermail and it works. But I Plesk stuck?

What can I do??

My superiors are really mad with me! I need to fix it :(

Thanks.

[EDIT: WRONG: BUT... Spamassassin is not filtering Smartemail messages! I don't know why, but it is now filtering...

The correct is: BUT... Spamassassin is not filtering Smartemail messages! I don't know why, but it is not filtering...

use smfilter from
http://www.efextra.com/smfilter.htm

In the smfilter.ini file set

USE_SOCKET=0

; IP address of the machine running clamd.
CLAMD_HOST=127.0.0.1

; Port on which clamd is listening for connections (default 3310).
CLAMD_PORT=3310

; Path to command line scanner clamscan.exe or clamdscan.exe (ignored if using sockets).
CLAMSCAN_PATH=C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamscan.exe --no-summary --stdout

SA_PATH=spamassassin.bat -e

Back