1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spamassassin & SmarterMail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Webplus, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Webplus

Webplus Guest

Hi,

I've updated Plesk 7.5.6 to 7.6 today and I'm having some issues.
    While updating, I got an error from Spamassassin. Then, after installation completes, I tried to Repair installation.
    That was a HUGE mistake! Plesk had set all permissions wrong, denying it access to a lot of programs (SmarterMail was one).
    So I set the permissions manually and now the prograns are working with Plesk (I don't know if it is all correct, tomorrow I'll see).

BUT... Spamassassin is not filtering Smartemail messages! I don't know why, but it is NOT filtering...
    The command line used on Smartermail changed?

Another litthe thing. Every change that I made on Plesk that includes an mail change (ie: creating a now mail account or changing the antivirus status) takes a long time. Actually, it won't stop processing. I got the Loading spinning pointer and it keeps processing the page... and nothing happens. Then I cancelled and checked, and when I'm creating a now mail account and cancel, the mail account is created on Smartermail and it works. But I Plesk stuck?

What can I do??

My superiors are really mad with me! I need to fix it :(

Thanks.

[EDIT: WRONG: BUT... Spamassassin is not filtering Smartemail messages! I don't know why, but it is now filtering...

The correct is: BUT... Spamassassin is not filtering Smartemail messages! I don't know why, but it is not filtering...

2. Webplus

Webplus Guest

3. Webplus

Webplus Guest

Any idea?
    Every idea will be useful!! Thanks.

4. zubin

zubin Guest

use smfilter from
    http://www.efextra.com/smfilter.htm

In the smfilter.ini file set

USE_SOCKET=0

; IP address of the machine running clamd.
    CLAMD_HOST=127.0.0.1

; Port on which clamd is listening for connections (default 3310).
    CLAMD_PORT=3310

; Path to command line scanner clamscan.exe or clamdscan.exe (ignored if using sockets).
    CLAMSCAN_PATH=C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamscan.exe --no-summary --stdout

SA_PATH=spamassassin.bat -e