• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Most email features missing when in Domain screen

eric scoles

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
almalinux 9.2
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.57 Update #3, last updated on Dec 7, 2023 03:39 AM
Struggling to set up a new account on Ionos; at the moment particularly having difficulty with email. Their documentation gives instructuctions that don't correspond to what I can see in the UI. Partly I think this is due to them being for an older version of Obsidian, but partly I think it MUST be because the features are simply not enabled on my account, and I can't find any documentation that would address how to remedy that.

Screenshot 1 shows what I see if I navigate to Domains > [domain name] and click on the "Mail" tab

I've looked at this page in the Plesk Customer documentation [1. Create Mail Account] and it doesn't correspond to anything I see when logged in as an administrator or after managing the domain as a customer. Screenshot 2 shows the left navigation when logged in as the customer for the account I'm trying to work with.

I've read through this section of the Plesk documentation [Mail] and can't find anything that's obviously wrong with my account setup. Screenshot 3 shows the Mail configuration for the relevant service plan.

I'm thinking there's got to be something I missed in Plesk setup. (Ionos makes you set it up yourself.)

(I'd ask these questions of Ionos but they don't really have a way to do that except by phone.)

Attachments

• ionos-screenshot-1-2023-12-07 103844.png
    ionos-screenshot-1-2023-12-07 103844.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ionos-Screenshot-2-2023-12-07 104642.png
    ionos-Screenshot-2-2023-12-07 104642.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ionos-Screenshot-3-2023-12-07 105107.png
    ionos-Screenshot-3-2023-12-07 105107.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 3
Please check the service plan settings on the "Permissions" tab, right column: "Ability to change mail settings". Do you have these permissions?

Sorry, can't confirm. I've since cancelled to stay within my refund window; after digging further on these forums it became clear that Ionos was going to be nothing but problems going forward, due to lack of documentation for their practices. Will look at settings to see if I can adjust status on question.

EDIT: don't see a way for users to change status message; please ignore this question.

Thank you for your important feedback. It raises concerns with me that the user experience you had with Plesk was not what you and us expected. You say that you cancelled, so do you mean you cancelled your provider contract or your Plesk license?

Back