• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Spamdyke Qmail Spamfilter integration?

L

lhwparis

Im using spamdyke for over one year now sucessfully on my plesk server. it is a very very strong anti-spam solution with many configuration options. many other users using it and it was discussed several times in this forum. Spamdyke is open-source and you dont have to patch qmail to use it.

There is also a very good Spamdyke-Control-Panel Addon for Plesk with many global and per domain configuration options and statistics.

Are there any plans to integrate spamdyke (as addon) into Plesk? I think it will be not very much work to integrate it and it will make Plesk anti-spam very much stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know we haven't plans for integration spamdyke to Plesk.

thanks for your answer? can you explain a little bit why. in my eyes it is one of the best open-source anti-spam solutions available for qmail. is it because its only available for qmail and only for linux bases servers or are there other reasons?

if you read my post you can see i have linked this plesk-addon too and i am using it too. i just wanna suggest to have spamdyke as an "official" addon.

thanks for your answer? can you explain a little bit why. in my eyes it is one of the best open-source anti-spam solutions available for qmail. is it because its only available for qmail and only for linux bases servers or are there other reasons?

As you know there are a lot of excellent third-party software in the world. We cannot provide support of each of them because it costs much and demands the big resources. We include support of those products, requests on which exceed some critical mass and arrive from our most serious and big clients.

Someone already wrote a free plesk module for spamdyke (we run it on all our servers and it works great):

http://www.haggybear.de/en/news/1-aktuelle-nachrichten/140-spamdyke-control-panel-24

@Mshaker

Please could you help me with some info.
I can link to the Spamdyke Panel using /smb/haggybear?addon=spamdyke
But I getthe following error: Spamdyke not installed, or path to spamdyke.conf in config.inc.php is not set!!
Spamdyke is running and logging to MySQL.

I have this running under Plesk9.5 & Centos 5.5 no problem.
Now running Centos 6.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Stupid question, but is path to spamdyke.conf correct in config.inc.php ?
Also check your file permissions. They are critical.

Hi Faris,

I followed the following steps

- mkdir spamdyke
- chown root:psaadm spamdyke
- chmod 755 spamdyke
- cd spamdyke
- chown -R root:psaadm *
- chmod 755 -R *
- chown root:root wrapper
- chmod 4755 wrapper
- chmod 777 *.txt

locate spamdyke.conf
/etc/spamdyke.conf

vi config.inc.php
define("SPAMDYKE_CONFIG","/etc/spamdyke.conf");

I also added the controllers for PLESK 10

spamdyke is running - i can see entries in the maillog

Dec 14 21:00:00 node1 spamdyke[77641]: DENIED_RBL_MATCH from:

When I first tried to install I used the Atmomic RPMS for Centos 5.5

rpm -ivh spamdyke-4.1.0-1.el5.art.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libcrypto.so.6()(64bit) is needed by spamdyke-4.1.0-1.el5.art.x86_64
libmysqlclient.so.15()(64bit) is needed by spamdyke-4.1.0-1.el5.art.x86_64
libmysqlclient.so.15(libmysqlclient_15)(64bit) is needed by spamdyke-4.1.0-1.el5.art.x86_64
libssl.so.6()(64bit) is needed by spamdyke-4.1.0-1.el5.art.x86_64

I am running Centos 6.1[final]

Back