• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Specify volume?

zachanthonyuk

New Pleskian
Hi,

Just setting up a new Plesk instance on a Digital Ocean droplet, and have a question about how Plesk uses disk space.

The primary volume for the virtual server is only about 20GB, which is enough for Plesk but nowhere near enough for the domains I need to migrate over (from a previous Plesk instance). I've added a large extra volume, but am wondering how to get it into use.

Will Plesk just start using the new volume when the primary one runs out of space? Can I tell Plesk to use the extra volume for all domains etc. from the start? I'm particularly curious what will happen mid-migration when the 100GB I have to move over fills up the primary volume, will Plesk choke? I've been searching the forums but can't seem to find any info on this - maybe I'm searching on the wrong key words though.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Z.

Hi and thanks for that. I had seen the article about transvhosts.pl but had thought it only applied to moving existing domains over to a new directory - so had misunderstood its purpose. Many thanks for the link.

Out of curiosity can I ask if setting up a symlink to the different volume would work as well, or have any advantages/disadvantages?

Hi zachanthonyuk,

Out of curiosity can I ask if setting up a symlink to the different volume would work as well, or have any advantages/disadvantages?
This does NOT work at all. ( why would Plesk create scripts and write documentations for it, if a symlink could do the job? :p )

Back