• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Specify volume?

zachanthonyuk

New Pleskian
Hi,

Just setting up a new Plesk instance on a Digital Ocean droplet, and have a question about how Plesk uses disk space.

The primary volume for the virtual server is only about 20GB, which is enough for Plesk but nowhere near enough for the domains I need to migrate over (from a previous Plesk instance). I've added a large extra volume, but am wondering how to get it into use.

Will Plesk just start using the new volume when the primary one runs out of space? Can I tell Plesk to use the extra volume for all domains etc. from the start? I'm particularly curious what will happen mid-migration when the 100GB I have to move over fills up the primary volume, will Plesk choke? I've been searching the forums but can't seem to find any info on this - maybe I'm searching on the wrong key words though.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Z.

Hi and thanks for that. I had seen the article about transvhosts.pl but had thought it only applied to moving existing domains over to a new directory - so had misunderstood its purpose. Many thanks for the link.

Out of curiosity can I ask if setting up a symlink to the different volume would work as well, or have any advantages/disadvantages?

Hi zachanthonyuk,

Out of curiosity can I ask if setting up a symlink to the different volume would work as well, or have any advantages/disadvantages?
This does NOT work at all. ( why would Plesk create scripts and write documentations for it, if a symlink could do the job? :p )

Back