• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SPF/DKIM/DMARC issues with Gmail addressees

PWillie

New Pleskian
Hi -

I have my domain registered with Lucee Planet and host with them as well. I have domain email addresses forward to GMail addresses and, when sending messages within GMail, have my domain addresses as the "from" addresses. Recently GMail has been blocking its recipients from receiving email sent from GMail with a domain address in the "from" field:

550 5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from [domain name] is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of [domain name] domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit Control unauthenticated mail from your domain - Gmail Help to learn about the DMARC initiative.

I have tried to make adjustments to the SPF, DKIM, and DMARC lines in the DNS settings for my domain - but Google's CheckMX tool never seems to find the pertinent information. For example, here is a line from my DNS settings:

[domain name]. TXT v=spf1 a mx ip4:NN.NN.NNN.NNN ip6:NaNN:NbNN:NNN:NNN::Ncf include:_spf.google.com include:gmail.com ~all

and here is what Google's CheckMX tool seems to think the value is:

v=spf1 a mx ip4:NN.NN.NNN.NNN ip6:NaNN:NbNN:NNN:NNN::Ncf ~all

(I've substituted Ns for actual digits in the above lines to maintain some security.)

I have waited weeks after making alterations to my DNS settings and they never seem to propagate to Google.

I've just written to Lucee Planet support, but I assume others here may have had similar issues on other hosts. Can you please help me figure out how to fix the problem?

Thanks so much!

Back