• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPF record for domain name

DeviDso

New Pleskian
Hey everyone,
i am using plesk on my VPS, and the problem is that all emails goes to spam. even though i edited my SPF record in DNS template(PLESK) to
Code:
"v=spf1 a mx ip4:11.22.33.44 ~all"
but its not applying to domain. But once i add this SPF record to my domain provider DNS - it works. Any suggestions or help?

Hello, Goes to Tools & parameter ->Template DNS (default)
edit your spf to tha
<domain>. TXT v=spf1 +a +mx ptr ip4:<ip> a:mail.<domain> -all

Have you point your domain to VPS using name server?

If you are using A record in domain provider DNS, it could be the issue.

Yes, i am using A record to point to VPS, so in this case is not going to work? It is only possible via nameservers?

Yes as far as I know. Creating A record at Domain Registrar will point to your Domain to IP, Also all the records in Domain Registrar will come to effect not the Plesk.

But lets say i was pointing my domain to GoDaddy provider only with A record, and SPF record was applied from provider, so how this works then?

Hi DeviDso,

make it easier for yourself: If you are unsure, where you have to setup your DNS entries ( either only over Plesk or/and at the domain registrar nameserver ), please check your current state at for example: http://viewdns.info/ ( DNS Record Lookup )
If you don't see your settings from Plesk there, then you have setup your domain settings at your domain registrar as well, who mostly offers as well a control panel for your nameserver entries.

Back