• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

sql database owner urgent issue

Z

Zan_

I need to have my sql 2005 databases created with the user as the owner and not the sa account.

the reason for this is in allowing users to connect using sql manager studio and having all databases visible. read only yes but still visible.

revoking the view all databases permissions from the public role fixes that.. but unfortuntely once that is revoked users connecting via the management studio tool are only allowed to see the master / msdb and any database which they are the owner of.

this is perfect.. except that plesk dose not change the actual database owner.. all it does is grant db_owner privileges to the user created in the control panel.

db_owner and Database Owner are subtly different things.

So I was thinking about trying to get plesk to run the ALTER AUTHORIZATION ON DATABASE::db_name TO [login_name]

command and was wondering if anyone could help me get plesk to execute this command after it creates a new user.

also I cant get the ms sql web admin tool to run.. in plesk it's disabled.. but it is installed.

I've seen mention of people using add / remove programs to see what is and is not registered as instalkled by plesk.. but i dont see any such info.. just change / remove plesk.

cheers

Zan

Back