• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SQL DB restore fails

W

wsani

We upload the database backup file, then when a restore is attempted, the following error comes up in the Plesk log:

dbbackup.DbBackupException: Unable to restore database 'cheeky_db' ---> System.ApplicationException: Unable to open connection. Error code: 0x00000520
at psacommon.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource(String host, String resourceName, ConnectionParameters connParams)
at psacommon.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource(String host, ConnectionParameters connParams)
at dbbackup.DbBackupManager.Restore(String database, String backupPath, String netPath, String netUser, String netPass, Boolean dropLogins)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at dbbackup.DbBackupManager.Restore(String database, String backupPath, String netPath, String netUser, String netPass, Boolean dropLogins)
at dbbackup.DbBackupManager.Main(String[] args)

Suggestions?

This was a permission issue. Plesk is unable to pass along the username/password that is required by the remote directory properly. So, I had to remove the user ACL and rely on network ACL to secure the "shared" restore directory.

This is after paying Parallels $75 for an incident... I finally fixed it myself...

Back