1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SQL DB restore fails

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by wsani, Nov 7, 2008.

1. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    We upload the database backup file, then when a restore is attempted, the following error comes up in the Plesk log:

dbbackup.DbBackupException: Unable to restore database 'cheeky_db' ---> System.ApplicationException: Unable to open connection. Error code: 0x00000520
    at psacommon.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource(String host, String resourceName, ConnectionParameters connParams)
    at psacommon.RemoteWinConnection.ConnectToNetworkResource(String host, ConnectionParameters connParams)
    at dbbackup.DbBackupManager.Restore(String database, String backupPath, String netPath, String netUser, String netPass, Boolean dropLogins)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at dbbackup.DbBackupManager.Restore(String database, String backupPath, String netPath, String netUser, String netPass, Boolean dropLogins)
    at dbbackup.DbBackupManager.Main(String[] args)

Suggestions?

2. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    This was a permission issue. Plesk is unable to pass along the username/password that is required by the remote directory properly. So, I had to remove the user ACL and rely on network ACL to secure the "shared" restore directory.

This is after paying Parallels $75 for an incident... I finally fixed it myself...