• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL Certificate for client's mail

basilGr

New Pleskian
Hello,
One of my clients is not able to access his email via imap-ssl from his mail client because of the self signed certificate.
When he accesses the mail server (on plesk), a bypass self-signed certificate window is popping up. I think his client is Windows Live Mail.

Anyway i decided to purchase a comodo ssl to fix this. The problem is i really have no idea how to do so. i've purchased the ssl but have not yet requested generation.

If i create a csr for a mail.domain.ltd, and i use plesk to install it i think it will only be available for apache and it will require a dedicated IP address (or not via SNI). But for the courier-imap i would have to edit the TLS_CERTFILE entry on /etc/courier-imap/imapd-ssl and pop3d-ssl .

And my question is, would this be at all possible? Assigning a CERTFILE will assign it to the whole mailing system, not just for one client. Even if i could, which is very difficult, to get another ip address on plesk just for this cause, how could i setup courier to serve the certificate only for one client?

Thank you in advance.

i managed to get another ip address dedicated for that client.
As i've read i have to create a pem file (based on the configured certificate). This i've done before for apache.
But after that, it seems i have to create a certificate on /usr/share/courier-imap
with the name imapd.pem.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the ip address)
But on some other sited the requested file has to be imapd-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.pem

is there somewhere i can configure that?

hello Alexey and thank you for your response.

Unfortunately as i described i only need to define a certificate for one client/domain not the default certificate for the server's services.

The solution i described above ( /usr/share/courier-imap/imapd.pem.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) works for checking email (imap).

But the same solution doesn't seem to work for postfix (/etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Any ideas?

Back