• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SSL certificate for *.com is OK, but how to create a let's encrypt certificate for the server IP adress.

erpo1205

New Pleskian
My domain (podico.com) SSL certificate is fine .
But how can I install the same certificate on the server itself ? (http://) lvps92-51-163-168.dedicated.hosteurope.de/
does not appear as having a valid certificate
I would like to have a lests encrypt certificate on 92.51.163.168 ( lvps92-51-163-168.dedicated.hosteurope.de) as I have on podico.com

You cannot create an SSL certificate for an IP address. Certificates can only be made out to a domain name. In that case that could be your generic hostname. However, I strongly recommend to set your own domain host name instead of using the generic name from the data center. You can also not use a certificate that covers one domain name for another. The domain name is integral part of the certificate, so that the certificate only protects exactly the domain(s) that are listed in that certificate. Luckily, with the free SSLIt extension and Let's Encrypt you can easily create separate certificates to protect your host (your Plesk :8443 graphical user interface).

Thanks Peter. I got also this advice with these how-tos: On detail seems important : Enter the 8443 port
please follow these two how-tos. First change your server hostname and afterwards you can secure your new hostname by performing the steps of the Plesk knowledge base article:

This article will you inform about steps needed to change your own server's hostname. This changes are necessary for a stable mail service.
Hostnamen des Servers ändern - Schritt für Schritt

How to secure a Plesk hostname on port 8443 with an SSL certificate (Let's Encrypt / other certificate authorities)
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-Let-s-Encrypt-other-certificate-authorities-

Back