• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question SSL Certificate - How To Install?

JohnnyU

Basic Pleskian
I used this guide to get a RapidSSL certificate and install it in Plesk: https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/a...ring-plesk/getting-ssltls-certificates.59466/
On Tools & Settings - SSL/TLS Certificates i can see the certificate and i can download it as a .PEM file.Then in Websites & Domains - Hosting Settings i can select the certificate

The problem is that it does not show up in the domain SSL/TLS Certificates page and when i try to upload the .PEM file - 'Error: Unable to find the appropriate private key for the certificate.'

When i try to use it for mail in domain Mail Settings the certificate is not available to be selected. Also the lock when visiting the website on https is not green. What am i doing wrong? Thanks

Last edited:
Did you include the decrypted private key in your .pem file? Normally you need three files
- private key
- certificate
- ca certificate

Certificate and ca certificate are combined into a single file for some trust centers, but private key is not included in that file. You must upload that key into the separate private key section of the Plesk page where you have installed the certificate. Use a decrypted version of that key.

I did not create the request - CSR - from the domain SSL/TLS Certificates page but from Tools & Settings - SSL/TLS Certificates page.
The i ordered the certificate using this csr and added it in Tools & Settings section and im' wondering if i did it wrong, maybe i should have created the csr on the the domain SSL/TLS Certificates page?

Last edited:
Did you make a backup of your private key? You will need your private key that was used for the certificate signing request to install the certificate on your server. If you do not have the private key, the certificate is useless.

After you make the certificate request - CSR - it remains in Plesk together with your private key until you buy the certificate.
So yes the private key is in Plesk, the only mistake i probably made was creating the CSR in Tools & Settings instead of my domain.

Last edited:
Back