• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSL Certificate Renewal Woes - Seeking Expert Advice

mazterizes

New Pleskian
Dear Plesk community,

I'm in a bit of a bind with SSL certificate renewal on my Plesk server and could really use some expert insights. Here's a breakdown of the situation:
  • Plesk version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #64 (though this may not be the culprit).
  • SSL certificate provider: Let's say it's "SecureCipherPro."
  • Error message received: "Error: The certificate signing request is invalid or has been corrupted during the download/upload process. Please regenerate the CSR and try again."
Steps I've taken so far in my quest to conquer this SSL renewal dragon:
  1. CSR Regeneration: I've regenerated the CSR using both the Plesk interface and OpenSSL commands. The issue persists.
  2. Certificate Reissuance Attempt: I've contacted SecureCipherPro support, and they claim everything is fine on their end. They suggested reissuing the certificate, but the problem persists after reinstallation.
  3. Log Diving: Checked the Plesk and SSL-related logs for any clues but couldn't find anything that screams "fix me!"
If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has a magic wand for SSL certificate for website troubleshooting, your insights would be immensely appreciated. I'm juggling the possibility of a server gremlin causing mischief.

Thanks a bunch for any help you can offer!

Back