• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL for pop3/smtp as an option

StevenW

New Pleskian
Hi, running plesk for windows 11.0.9, running mailenable.

What is the recommended way to install ssl for smtp and pop3. Right now I am over plain text.

replying to a 'older' issue...

I've been trying to get the same result as the TS.
Unfortunately the help of Mainenable tells me that SSL only is supported on enterprise editions and plesk mailenable is running the Professional edt if i am correct.

Directly from the Help of Mailenable:
SMTP inbound options
SMTP service listens on port
Determines the port the SMTP service is running on. The default is 25. Inbound SMTP connections from remote servers expect the mail server to be listening on port 25, but some proxy or gateway software may require this to be changed.
SMTP Enable SSL (Default Port) (Enterprise Edition only)
Enables SSL certificate encryption for the default port that SMTP is running on. Place a tick in this box to enable. The service also has to be enabled at a server level in the MailEnable Administration Program > Server >Localhost Properties > SSL tab.

Also listen on alternate port
The SMTP service can also listen on an alternate port by enabling this option. Usually this is done to cater for clients who may be on connections where their outgoing port 25 has been blocked.

SMTP Enable SSL (Alternate Port) (Enterprise Edition only)
Enables SSL certificate encryption for the alternate port that SMTP is running on. The default port for this is 465. When enabling SSL make sure that a valid SSL certificate has been selected in the MailEnable Administration >Server > Localhost Properties >SSL tab.

So please help me resolve this issue.
Thank you

Back