• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSL Installed but not active

AlexTech

New Pleskian
Hi,
I've just bought an SSL and uploaded it to the admin panel, but it doesn't seem to be active.
Does this require a restart of Apache to be active? if so is that something i can do or will that have to be my hosting company admin?

Cheers,

Alex

Hi,

A reload will be necessary yes, although Plesk does that automatically. Can you tell us how exactly you installed the SSL cert?

Uploaded the certificate via text part and pressed send text. Should I take it there is a problem with how I've installed it?
There is also no drop down menu to select the certificate under "enable SSL support"

Did you upload the private key, certificate and certificate chain? Is the certifidate displayed on the certificate list where you uploaded it? If it is missing on that page, you might have overlooked an error message that was displayed after you had uploaded the text file.

Back