• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSL issue with Let's Encrypt always sets CN name to plesk

yfain

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
We have the problem that every ssl certificate which we are issued over Let's Encrypt is set to issuer name (CN) "plesk" not the domain. What cause this problem?

Clearing Cache, restarting Server is not the solution.

Attachments

• Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-13 um 10.17.11.png
    Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-13 um 10.17.11.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 9
I compared the situation to some production servers of mine here but was not able to see similarities. The domain or hostname should indeed be shown. Please do one last check before opening a ticket with Plesk support: Please check what is entered in the "profile", e.g. what business name etc. Could it be possible that "Plesk" is named there?
If this is not the case, please open a ticket with support, because then someone will need to check the issue directly on the server.

Hi,

"CN=Plesk" is a self-signed certificate that is generated during the installation of Plesk so that the server has at least one certificate to start SSL. My guess is that certificate issuance via Let's Encrypt fails for some reason. Do you have any logs?

Back